- Urban Neighborhoods & Mixed-Use Infill
- Mixed-Income Development
- Downtown Plans
- Transit Related Planning
- Waterfront and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Comprehensive Plans
- Form-based Codes
Twelve years of experience working with developers on transforming public housing into mixed-income neighborhoods. Extensive familiarity with HUD programs evolving from Hope VI to Choice Neighborhood Initiative, Promise Neighborhoods, and Sustainable Communities Initiative.
- Continue to work on the Lower Hill PLDP process which includes working with developers, stakeholders and the community to achieve consensus, communicating design ideas, and navigating the public approval process in collaboration with city departments.
- Facilitated planning sessions in Spanish for primarily immigrant communities in several cities where there are sensitive issues around housing, education, employment, the role of government and planning. Acted as the bilingual link between clients, consultants, and the communities they served.
- Participated in the post-Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts in Mississippi as part of the Gulf Coast Recovery program; developed a Pattern Book to establish short-term neighborhood development strategies.
- Won the international design competition for the New Federal City in Moscow, Russia. Managed a large team of consultants including architects, planners, landscape planners, engineers, ecologist during the design competition to plan for a new capital city on the outskirts of the existing capital.